The Instromet 357-1000-005 anemometer is designed for measuring both wind speed and direction with industry standard outputs ranging from 0-10 Volts DC. This industry standard output allows the wind sensor to be connected to PLCs to be used for automatic applications where wind parameters are of crucial importance. Such applications include automatic window and vent closures, awning retraction, and water fountain shutdown.
Precision Engineering and Quality
The Instromet 357-1000-005 is manufactured from anodized aluminum alloy, UPVC, stainless steel, and molded polypropylene cups, the units are lightweight yet very robust. Wind Direction is sensed by a precision conductive potentiometer which combines exceptionally long life with high sensitivity. Wind speed is derived from a “Hall Effect” solid state sensor coupled with a cup rotor held in place with precision stainless steel ball race and ‘Oilite’ bearings for very high sensitivity and very long life.
- Wind Sensor: 0-10V DC output linear signal
- Wind Direction: 0-10V DC output linear signal
- Input Power Requirements: 24V AC 50/60 Hz
Each unit includes:
- anemometer (pictured)
- output control box (not pictured)
- Two segments of 80 feet (25 meters) connecting cable (not pictured)
- Wind Sensor alignment compass