The KTA-282 Modbus TCP Weather Station Gateway allows the easy connection of a PLC (Programmable Logic Controller), RTU (Remote Telemetry Unit) or SCADA System to a Davis Instruments Weather Station. Using the Modbus RTU (Binary), or Modbus TCP/IP (Ethernet) protocols, it enables a programmable controller to monitor and carry out actions based on wind speed, wind direction, temperature and many other weather based variables. The KTA-282 Modbus TCP Weather Station Gateway is a major upgrade to the popular GWY-141 Modbus- VantagePro2 Gateway. It provides all the functionality of the GWY-141, with the following improvements:
- Addition of Ethernet:
- Allows the KTA-282 to be polled by up to three Modbus TCP/IP masters simultaneously
- Provides a webpage whereby TCP/IP settings can be easily monitored and altered. Also shows current settings, weather data, and communications statuses.
- Can be interrogated over HTTP to return Modbus register values in XML format
- Allows all 125 registers to be polled at once – previously limited to 30.
- Supports the new LOOP 2 command in compatible devices1 (VantagePro 2 firmware V1.90 or later, and
Vantage Vue). This provides an additional 16 packets of previously unavailable weather data.
- Provides a method to setup the weather station for first use, without the need to connect it to your PC.
Notes: 1. The Weatherlink cable can be used to update the firmware of your weather station; allowing it to respond to the loop 2 command.
The KTA-282 is compatible with the following Davis Instruments weather stations (Davis Instruments product
numbers in bold):
- 6152C Cabled VantagePro2
- 6162C Cabled VantagePro2 Plus
- 6152 Wireless VantagePro2
- 6162 Wireless VantagePro2 Plus
- 6153 Wireless Vantage Pro 2 Fan Aspirated
- 6163 Wireless Vantage Pro 2 Plus Fan Aspirated
- 6250 Vantage Vue
- 6316 Wireless Weather Envoy (with 6322 Wireless ISS or 6327 Wireless ISS Plus or 6323 Wireless ISS
- Solar, Fan Aspirated or 6328 Wireless ISS Plus Solar Fan Aspirated)
- 6316C Cabled Weather Envoy (with 6322C Cabled ISS or 6327C Cabled ISS Plus or 6323C Cabled ISS
- Solar Fan Aspirated or 6328C Cabled ISS Plus Solar Fan Aspirated)