The Novus USB-i485 module is a cost-effective way to convert RS-485 or RS-422 industrial buses to a USB interface. When connected to a PC USB port the USB-i485 module is automatically detected and is installed as a native serial port which is compatible with any existing serial communication application.
Multiple modules can be installed when using USB hubs thus allowing a hassle-free configuration of a multi serial system without any IRQ or DMA configuration.
1500 VDC isolation between the USB port and RS-485/RS-422 along with ±60 VDC and 15 kV ESD bus protection provides a robust and safe connection from the PC to equipment.
The USB-i485 converter can be configured for four-wire (Full Duplex) RS-422 and RS-485 or two-wire (Half Duplex) networks. When operating in two-wire RS-485 the data transfer control is automatically done by the converter.
Two independent and isolated RS-485 networks can be supported by one USB-i485 module thus duplicating the possible number of remote devices. Each RS-485 network can operate in an independent direction allowing for full duplex RS-485 connection.
- USB V1.1 Plug and Play.
- Appears as a serial (COM) port
- Wide operating system support:
- Supports Windows 98/ME/XP/2000/CE/Vista/7, 32 bit and 64 bit
- Supports Mac OS 8.6 to OS X
- Linux 2.4.20 or later.
- Full Duplex RS-422, dual (combined) half duplex RS-485 or full duplex RS-485 interface
- Jumper selected RS-485 / RS-422.
- Automatic flow control for RS-485 Half Duplex.
- 120 Ω internal resistors termination enabled by jumpers.
- Data transmission and reception LED indicators
- Powered from the USB port.
- A 1.5 m cable with plugs mini-B and A is provided with the module.
|Transmission rate:||300 bps to 1 Mbps|
|Maximum RS-485/RS-422 cable length:||1200 m|
|Max. Devices in the RS-485 network:||Half Duplex: 2 x 32 devices
Full Duplex: 32 devices
|Power Consumption:||≤100 mA|
|Isolation (USB to serial interfaces):||1500 VDC|
|RS-485/RS-433 Bus Protection:||±60 VDC, 15 kV ESD|
|RS-485/RS-422 connector:||Screw terminal for ≤1.5 mm² (≤16 AWG) wires.|
|Enclosure:||70 × 60 × 18 mm ABS|
|Environmental:||0 to 70 °C, 10 to 90% RH, non-condensing.|
Manual and Drivers come with the converter on a small CD, but can also be downloaded here.