Remote weather data, versatile integration. Cellular-based, solar-powered unit sends remote weather station data to the Internet. Operates with 2G/3G cellular technology and is a good choice in the US where there is no CDMA coverage, or in other countries around the world.
Vantage Connect allows you to retrieve weather data from any remote site that has cellular coverage. Powered by battery and solar panel, it receives data from your sensor suite up to 1000 feet (30 meters) away, then sends it via cellular connection to your page on the WeatherLink Network, Davis’ global weather network.
From the WeatherLink Network, you can access your data from a computer or smartphone, and download it for further analysis. You can also receive alerts via email or text when specific conditions are met. You’ll know in real-time when temperatures drop near frost levels in your orchard or when wind direction changes near a fire hazard. Perfect for remote orchards, vineyards, farms, vacation or rental homes, and fire hazard areas.
What is Vantage Connect?
– A weather station receiver and cellular modem.
– Solar powered with battery backup; does not require any external power sources.
– Self-contained in a weather-resistant shelter.
– An optional AC Charger is available for areas with prolonged periods of low light and accessible power.
– Add on a Extra Solar Panel Kit for sites with limited sunlight.
How does Vantage Connect work?
– Uploads weather data through a cellular connection to WeatherLink.com in 5, 15, or 60-minute intervals, depending on the service plan you choose.
– Access and store your data on your secure page on WeatherLink.com
– Download data to your PC for further analysis.
– Set alerts for alarm conditions in the field so you know the moment they occur.
– Can receive data from any wireless Davis transmitting station such as an integrated sensor suite or Wireless Leaf & Soil Moisture station.