Modern Vantage Pro2 stations come with the new AeroCone. Unfortunately, the heater will not fit inside the AeroCone (see Davis 7721 for alternative).
Keep snow from filling your Vantage Pro2 rain collector with this heater. Great for use in cold climates to measure freezing rain or the moisture content of snowfall.
The heater warms the inside of the cone during cold weather. A thermostat switch turns the power off when temperatures rise and back on when they fall.
Note: The heater must be plugged into an electrical outlet. Heater is not compatible with AeroCone; it is only compatible with the old style, larger rain cones.
- Capable of melting liquid snow at a rate of 1/4 inch (6 mm) of liquid precipitation per hour.
- Warms only the inside of the rain collector and the cone itself.
- Off/On switch allows you to turn heater on when you expect freezing conditions, and turn it off again when weather warms.
- When turned on, the themostat switch turns power off if temperature reaches 110°F (43°C), and turns it back on with temperature drops to about 85°F (30°C).
- Cable length can be extended to 120 feet (36 m) with two-twisted pair wire; further with single pair cable.
- Replacement kit for stations with AeroCone rain cones.
- 24-watt, 24-volt heater
- Thermal cut-off switch
- Control unit
- Insulating reflective blanket
- AC-power adapter
- 50′ (15 m) cable