WiFiLogger is a 3rd party data logger to use with Davis® weather stations consoles. Now you can enhance your console not only with memory to log your archive data, but also with Wi-Fi capability. With WiFiLogger your weather station will become truly an Internet of Things device. WiFiLogger is an autonomous device. It doesn’t need a computer to post weather data to the Internet. All you need is an Internet service with router and Wi-Fi.
WiFiLogger has six main features:
- Built-in web interface to present current weather data, download archive records and allow setup of Davis consoles using a web browser
- Time synchronization by NTP
- Provides memory for archive records
- Post current weather data to major weather services:
- Custom export options:
- FTP – archive records file in CSV format
- FTP – current data export Realtime.txt/JSON
- MQTT – JSON file format
- HTTP – JSON file format
- It can be configured to work with any external software like Cumulus, WeatherLink or Weather Display that is compatible with a network logger like WeatherLinkIP™
- Vantage Pro2 console(firmware 1.9+), or Weather Envoy(firmware 1.9+), or Vantage Vue console.
- Web browser with HTML5 capability: Chrome, Firefox, Edge, Internet Explorer 11.
- Router with Wi-Fi and Internet service are required
- Smartphone/laptop with Wi-Fi capability for first setup is required
- not compatible with Envoy8X
This product is supported by its manufacturer Wojtek and warrantied through Scaled Instruments for any potential defects or failures. Manuals and firmware can be downloaded from the manufacturer’s website
What is the difference from the older wifilogger and the new wifilogger2:
- Wifilogger2 has newer WiFi chip on board than the original wifilogger.
- Wifilogger2 has an SD card slot for future implementation in future firmware updates.
- Wifilogger2 currently uses the same firmware as the origina lWifilogger.
Davis has discontinued the Davis 6555 WeatherlinkIP, I am looking for a datalogger that worked as it did, can the Wifilogger be a direct replacement to the 6555?
- Wifilogger2 is 100% comparable with WeatherLink IP
- Weatherlink PC and Mac software connection and WeatherLink.com upload works exactly the same as they did with the 6555
- Wifilogger2 is improved over the the original 6555 as it has a data export option.
- Wifilogger2 will work with WL.COM and WeatherUnderground with RapidFire
- Some users praise WiFiLogger for real time data display in HTML (web browser)
- For archive data best choice for today is WeatherLink PC and/or WL.COM account (with WL PC)